She had been more or less avoiding Peter for a couple of days, or when she wasn't outright avoiding him, she was mostly just keeping the peace, but things were bothering her. Bothering her so much that when she was trying to practice the song Miguel was teaching her, Scanlan Shorthalt had noticed and they had talked. Talking led to Scanlan encouraging a drink - just one drink - but then it turned into more and now Liz was decidedly not sober and walking and half-stumbling through the halls trying to find her way back to her room, though she was on Peter's floor.
She spotted Mack and smiled. "Mack!" Though as she approached him, she thought she might fall and reached out to grab him to steady herself.
She spotted Mack and smiled. "Mack!" Though as she approached him, she thought she might fall and reached out to grab him to steady herself.
no subject
Date: 2018-05-31 10:09 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-05-31 02:36 pm (UTC)The world seemed to stop spinning for a moment when she reached out for Mack. Liz smiled though. "I, um." Her voice was a bit more serious and so did her expression. The sort of serious that was perhaps more over-the-top than anything else. " I might be a little bit drunk"
no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 02:23 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 02:28 am (UTC)She paused, then a slow smile appeared before laughing. "Maybe a little bit more than a little drunk." Her voice suddenly dropped to a stage whisper, which she thought was a real one. "This is my first time drinking."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 05:59 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 06:05 pm (UTC)She thought about it. "It's... hard to really form thoughts." He brow furrowed a little. "It's weird." Which wasn't really an answer to his question. He should really ask her tomorrow morning.
Liz looked at him and paused. "Hey, Mack. You're a guy, right?"
no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 06:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 06:17 pm (UTC)Somewhere in her mind Liz was telling herself that of course Mack was a guy. She peered at him closely which meant she squinted just a little bit. "If you were dating a girl you like here. Or even loved.... wouldn't you be happy if that girl was trying to find a way to go back home with you? To stay with you?"
no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 11:50 pm (UTC)"I ... guess." Mack said a little hesitantly. "I mean, I've never had a girlfriend." He admitted with a small blush.
"But would you really want to go somewhere where you'd never see your family and friends again?" Mack wouldn't, no matter how much he liked a girl. They might not see their family and friends again here but this wasn't a choice, they were brought here. Liz was choosing not to see them again. That would be hard.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-02 11:55 pm (UTC)"I'm probably going to have to leave Roswell anyways. I'm friends with aliens back home, you know, and there's always someone like trying to capture them or hurt them or other aliens coming around to kill everyone. I don't think it's safe for all our parents for us to stay around so I'm pretty sure we have to leave soon anyways. I'll never see them again either way."
This was something Liz hadn't really acknowledged out loud before but at the moment seemed pretty clear.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-03 12:20 am (UTC)"What about the time thing? Two things always happens in comics, you'd either stay the same age that you are now and just have traveled through time and space, BUT it can also be that time catches up to you and you age rapidly. So Peter's still sixteen and you're - uh his mom's age." Which blew Mack's mind to think about.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-03 12:56 am (UTC)She paused at that, then frowned. Peter's mom's age. She almost said 'Peter's mom is dead' out loud, but thankfully she had to focus on staying upright. She blinked. "Does that really happen? Just... suddenly aging?" Liz looked at Mack almost earnestly, her lips pressing together tentatively.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-03 10:49 pm (UTC)"Oh wait. I remember seeing some movie about a guy that didn't age." He tried to remember. "Dorian Gray. He stabs the picture and he gets old real fast." Mack didn't mention he turned into a skeleton, he knew that Liz wasn't that much older than him and Peter.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-04 02:53 am (UTC)She blinked. Liz did not want to age suddenly. She had, of course, entertained the idea of trying to find Peter when he was old enough, but she knew that was a ridiculous thought.
"You don't think... I should even try?" She frowned again, looking at Mack with almost puppy-dog eyes of pleading.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-06 12:48 am (UTC)He also didn't mention that going to a different world was a lot different than time travel. Not that either existed in his world except in movies, books and comics.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-08 02:06 am (UTC)She nodded a few times - probably more than was necessarily, like the more she nodded the more she seemed to actually understand and agree with his statement. It was nice to at least talk to someone who was her age and wasn't rolling their eyes as if to say 'teenager'.
Liz looked at him suddenly with such earnestness and the hugged him. "I'm really glad you're here Mack."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-10 12:09 pm (UTC)"Thanks... I think." He said with a half smile.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-10 02:18 pm (UTC)When she pulled back she had a somewhat serious expression, muddled, perhaps, because of her inebriation. "If you ever need anything - I'll help okay? No matter what it is."
She nodded as if to confirm this to tell world and to herself.
"I should, um... I was going to find Peter."
no subject
Date: 2018-06-12 04:14 pm (UTC)"Thanks." It was said with sincerity. "If you need anything either. Just let me know." Not that Mack would know of anything that Peter couldn't do for her, but the offer was there.
no subject
Date: 2018-06-13 03:42 am (UTC)Liz went to walk around him, toward Peter's door just a few doors down, but misjudged and walked into him. She paused. "Sorry." She smiled with a soft laugh and over-compensated the second time, taking a big step to the side. "See you later, Mack!"
no subject
Date: 2018-06-13 11:44 pm (UTC)"See ya, later."